Sticky Hoisin Pork with Mango & Avacado Salsa
Panfry (Trim Pork)
|Preparation: 15mins||Cooking time: 10mins||Serves: 4-5|
Recipe by Nadia Lim http://www.nadialim.com/
Ingredients for Avocado Mango Salsa
- Flesh of 1 firm ripe avocado, diced
- Flesh of 1 mango, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- Drizzle of Avocado Oil
- ½ cup chopped coriander
Ingredients for Sticky Hoisin Sauce
- 4 (about 700g) boneless 100% NZ Pork Chops (loin, sirloin, scotch fillet)
- 1/3 cup Lee Kum Kee Hoisin Sauce
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Lee Kum Kee Sesame Oil
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 2 star anise
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoons chilli sauce
- Combine all salsa ingredients together and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine hoisin sauce, apple juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, Chinese five-spice, star anise, tomato sauce and chilli sauce and set aside.
- Heat drizzle of oil in a large pan over high heat. Cook the pork chops for about 3 minutes on each side until just cooked through, set aside to rest. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add sauce mixture to the pan, let it bubble and reduce to a sticky glaze, about 2-3 minutes. Slice pork and quickly stir through the sauce.
- Pile sliced pork on a serving platter, with extra sauce drizzled over. Serve the salsa in a bowl on the side.