Office & Communications administrator
Who we are & What we do
New Zealand Pork is the operational name of the New Zealand Pork Industry Board and we're a small (mainly) Christchurch based team that works on behalf of New Zealand's commercial pig farming industry to:
- Support our farmers through advocacy, marketing and communications
- Help promote sustainable and profitable future for our farmers; and
- Encourage consumers to look for and choose New Zealand grown pork often and every time
What we're looking for
If you are available immediately on a full-time basis for the next nine months, then keep reading. If you are a proactive outside-the-box thinker with an enquiring mind and plenty of get up and go, who enjoys getting stuck in and making a difference, then please keep reading.
You see for the first three months of your time with us you'll be flat out assisting the GM and Board on all manner of short term project, so flexibility, initiative, prioritisation and a great can do attitude are where it's at.
Because on top of all that short term project administration and coordination you will also be looking and learning and readying yourself to leap in and pick up where our Office & Communications administrator leaves off when she heads away on parental leave.
Who we need
So, with a whole lot of ground to cover, a whole lot of relationships to build and some serious priorities to tick off over a 9-month period, we need someone who has a whole lot of experience in handling all things administration and communication. We'll need you to be able to work independently with little supervision and to be super, super organized and flexible because things change quickly in our industry and so must we.
You will be confident, articulate, down to earth and personable. You'll enjoy working in a fairly fast paced environment, often under pressure, in a resourceful and efficient way. Focus and professionalism are the cornerstones of your career to date and are beautifully rounded out with your expert level written and verbal communication skills, your strong decision making ability and your acute attention to detail in all areas of your responsibilities.
And on top of all that you will have an outstanding working knowledge of Microsoft, have a real knack for learning on the fly and want to learn.
What you'll be doing
- Picking up the mantle of a positive, proactive New Zealand Pork ambassador
- Taking on all things administration and where required, communications
- Working diaries, coordinating meetings and managing travel plans like a seasoned pro
- Managing and prioritizing an eclectic mix of administration, communications and event projects
- Maintaining and improving contact, distribution lists, database and cloud storage systems
- Preparing and processing expense claims
- Reconciling and coding credit cards, bank accounts and TravelCard statements
- Taking care of the small stuff; that's all stuff like loading and emptying the dishwasher, taking wheelie bins out etc.
- Being the fount of all knowledge with respect to manning the main switch line and responding to what comes in via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building awesome internal + external relationships with the New Zealand Pork team, our farmers, our stakeholders, our regulators, our retailers and so on
- Assuming ownership of our organizational needs and priorities
- Managing and supporting special projects as needed
- Drawing on your sound judgement and strong work ethic to get on and get things done
If the above ticks all of your boxes and you're still keen as mustard, then drop us a cover letter letting us know why your experience makes you the perfect person to join the New Zealand Pork team. Wow us with your personal style by telling us what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity starts right here with us.
Apply today to email@example.com
Applications close Friday 14 April 2017 and are only open to New Zealand residents or those holding a valid New Zealand work visa.