100% NZ pork tacosPanfry (Trim Pork)
- Tbsp olive oil
- 1x onion, peeled and diced
- 2x cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 500g 100% NZ pork mince
- 1 tsp minced chilli
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1x 400g can kidney beans in brine, drained
- ½ cup water
- 12 small soft flour or corn tortillas, or 12 taco shells
- Shredded lettuce, sliced avocado, red capsicum and sour cream to serve
1. Heat the oil in frying pan and stir
fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
2. Add the pork mince, chilli and cumin and stir fry until the mince changes colour and is cooked through.
3. Stir in the tomato paste, beans and water and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Spoon into warmed soft tortillas or taco shells and add lettuce, avocado, red capsicum and tomato salsa to taste.
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped, optional
- Half a cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- Half a tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Cut the tomatoes into quarters and remove the seeds. Chop the flesh finely and place in a bowl with the onion, chilli, coriander, lime juice and salt then stir in the olive oil.