|Preparation: 5 - 10 mins||Cooking time: 60 mins|
- 1kg pickled pork
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2x 2 inch cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp currants
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- Water to cover
- Stud the pork with the cloves.
- Place in a deep saucepan with a lid.
- Add all remaining ingredients and water until pork just covered.
- Bring to the boil, cover tightly with lid and simmer gently - allow 1 hour per kg. Turn pork after half an hour.
- Drain and allow to cool before slicing to serve.
You can cook it the day ahead and serve cold or on the day and serve hot; no bones so easy to carve, so easy and truly delicious. Serve with a variety of salads or serve with thickly sliced white bread and fruit chutneys.
An easy sauce idea is to boil up some of the fruit chutney with water to thin and pour over the slices on the serving dish.