Roast Pork Rolled LoinBBQ
|Preparation: 10mins||Cooking time: 60 - 90mins||Serves: 6 - 8|
- 1kg boned and rolled loin of pork, well scored
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1x roast thermometer
- Sprig of rosemary or sage leaves
- 2 apples, cored and sliced into 8 each or 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 loaf thickly sliced potato bread
- Prepare the BBQ by putting the hotplate in the middle, firing up the outside burners, leaving the ones in the middle off.
- Score the 100% NZ pork roast rind with a sharp knife - diagonal parallel lines 1cm apart.
- Brush with oil and salt.
- Insert thermometer in thickest part of roast.
- Once the BBQ reaches 160 -170°C, place the pork roast on top of the rosemary or sage leaves, skin layer up, in middle of the BBQ and close lid.
- Wait until the meat thermometer reads 71°C for 'medium done' and 76°C for 'well done' pork. As a general guide pork takes an hour per kilogram to roast at 160°C.
- Half an hour before roast is ready, place apple slices around the pork.
- Remove the roast and rest in a warm place for 10 minutes before carving. This allows the meat to firm, the juices to settle and makes carving easier. Carve roast across the grain with a sharp knife to ensure maximum tenderness.
Serve with bbq'ed apples or apple sauce between two slices of bread.